I have acquired four Raspberry Pi Model B devices since they were initially released – one of which has the upgraded 512MB RAM that I am so desperately anxious to play with. As such I identified a number of excellent learning projects to start with – some already complete and others pending: Nintendo Game Console replacement (complete), WebIOPi interface (complete), (complete). The one I am most anxious for is the Media PlayerRaspberry Pi Cluster built by Southampton University. I have already completed the build for the primary node and installed ownCloud to manage content. I do not anticipate that I will be competing with AWS any time soon but I am off to a good start for data storage throughout my home and across all of my own personal devices! Next step? Node two and modifying ownCloud to take advantage of the MPICH messaging interface. Want to try yourself? Follow these instructions and come back to see how I modify ownCloud.
- 10 Raspberry Pi creations that show how amazing the tiny PC can be #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi (adafruit.com)
- Plan 9 On the Raspberry Pi #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi (adafruit.com)
- The Raspberry Pi Education Manual (lifehacker.com)
- Best of 2012: Raspberry Pi Projects (makezine.com)
- Adafruit’s Raspberry Pi Lesson 1. Preparing and SD Card for your Raspberry Pi @Raspberry_Pi #raspberrypi (adafruit.com)