I write a lot about Amazon Web Services as that is what I am most familiar with but I wanted to post a comparison for contrast. I was actually quite impressed with the competitiveness across services (which included AWS, Google CE, and Windows Azure). Still, I would say hands-down Amazon is the cheapest overall and most businesses are unlikely to disburse their resources across multiple clouds (although that leaves the door open for numerous other discussions I am certain I will entertain at a later date). Google is lacking in a VM offering and free usage tier. We will see where things go!
- Google spiffs up its cloud – take that Amazon! [GigaOM] (gigaom.com)
- Google goes after Amazon with cloud upgrades (zdnet.com)
- Amazon suit shows Google as public cloud threat [GigaOM] (gigaom.com)
- Eucalyptus’ AWS Bet (cloudave.com)
- Dell Cloud Expands To UK In September (misco.co.uk)